Zoom continues expansion with Co-opetition with Polycom, Crestron and Cisco
Back in May, Zoom and Polycom jointly announced a new solution that gives customers more choices in how they collaborate by combining the benefits of Zoom’s cloud-based enterprise video communications with Polycom’s powerful video experiences. It quietly followed this announcement by launching One-Tap Connector for Cisco at Infocomm. Finally, Zoom joined forces with Crestron. Crestron’s new Mercury now natively runs the Zoom UX and provides a high-performance speaker, four professional microphones for 360-degree coverage and more.
As an authorised reseller for both Zoom and Polycom, BTC Direct is in an ideal position to assist companies that have existing Polycom equipment and are looking for a cloud-based video solution, or companies looking to deploy Zoom in their conference rooms using the enterprise-grade Polycom camera and speakerphone equipment.
Zoom & Polycom
Zoom and Polycom customers can now experience the high-quality Zoom video meetings that everyone loves in rooms powered by Polycom’s award-winning video conferencing solutions, transforming any huddle room or conference space into a productive collaboration environment. All it takes is one click to join a Zoom meeting from a Polycom video solution.
Key features and benefits of the Zoom Connector for Polycom include:
- Single tap to start or join the meeting from the Polycom touch screen (no complicated pairing codes)
- Works on the award-winning Polycom® RealPresence Debut™ and Polycom® RealPresence® Group Series room systems
- Calendar-based integrations with Outlook, Google Calendar, and iCal
- HD video and audio
- High-quality wireless screen sharing
- Native integration – no additional hardware or controller required
- Meet with internal and external participants on any device – mobile, desktop, and other conference room systems
Leadership from both companies, and Wainhouse senior analyst Ira Weinstein weighed in on this awesome new joint solution:
“As leaders in enterprise-grade video conferencing, Zoom and Polycom are coming together to make it easier for customers to collaborate in any environment,” said Eric S. Yuan, Zoom’s CEO and Founder. “We are delighted to partner with Polycom and to provide a high-quality and easy experience for our mutual customers. We’re proud of the resulting Zoom Connector for Polycom, and look forward to building this partnership further in the future.”
“Strong partnerships and open standards have always been the foundation of the value we bring to our customers,” said Mary McDowell, CEO of Polycom. “For 26 years, Polycom has served as a leader in business communication, providing our customers with legendary audio and video quality. Our partnership with Zoom allows us to extend those capabilities to a greater customer base and ensures our mutual customers have a great, flexible video experience.”
“Through the establishment of this partnership, Polycom and Zoom are taking an important first step toward expanding the reach and driving greater adoption of their respective offerings,” said Ira M. Weinstein, senior analyst and partner, Wainhouse Research. “This approach offers customers access to Zoom’s reliable and easy-to-use cloud video service, and Polycom’s field-proven and powerful group video solutions – all with an integrated scheduling and click-to-join workflow. We view this as a win for both Polycom and Zoom customers, and we expect to see even stronger integration between these platforms in the future.”
Zoom & Cisco
Zoom then announced (Much more quietly!) One-Tap Connector for Cisco.
Cisco customers can now host Zoom video meetings from traditional Cisco conference room systems with just one tap. This tight integration allows for a supremely simple experience.
Key benefits include:
- Single touch to start or join the Zoom meeting from the Cisco touch screen (no complicated pairing codes)
- Native integration with Cisco C series, SX series, DX series (running CE software), and MX Series — no additional hardware or controller required, and
- Meet with internal and external participants on any device — mobile, desktop, and other conference room systems — with HD video, audio, wireless screen sharing, and calendar integrations
Zoom & Crestron
Crestron’s Mercury, widely recognised for its superior audio conferencing quality, is the newest controller supported by Zoom Rooms. A Zoom Room features a dedicated computer running the Zoom application. Instead of carrying a laptop or tablet running the Zoom control app, and a speakerphone for conference audio, Crestron Mercury natively runs the Zoom UX and provides a high-performance speaker, four professional microphones for 360-degree coverage, plus wired and wireless HD presentation, room booking, and more.
The integration fully incorporates Mercury’s simplified user experience, providing these key benefits:
- Native integration allows the user to start a Zoom Rooms meeting with a single touch to the Creston Mercury screen
- The ability to share HD video, audio, and wireless screens with internal and external participants on any device — mobile, desktop, and other conference room systems, and
- Zoom Rooms meetings can fully leverage the Mercury’s cluster of four built-in microphones and speaker that provides automatic mic mixing, automatic gain control, and dynamic noise reduction.
Zoom’s support for the Crestron System is the first step in what the companies envision as a long-term partnership to foster greater integration across the Crestron and Zoom product suites. The solution will be available to customers soon.
“Zoom is all about customer happiness,” said Eric S. Yuan, Founder and CEO of Zoom. “Why did we increase our default meeting capacity? Why did we enhance the integration experience with hardware providers? Because we want to provide our customers with the most powerful, flexible, and frictionless video meeting experiences. We want them to meet however they want over Zoom, without having to worry about their capacity or hardware. In short, we want to make them happy!”
For more on how Polycom, Crestron & Zoom are helping to shape the video market, you can contact one of our specialists for a demo or consultation!